Friday, 10 July 2015

Can The Dead Contact US???

Hello friends,

This question have been tickling bones of all our philosophers, scientists, religious gurus and last but not the least…our own inner self. We have suppressed this question umpteen number of times, drowned in daily chores and making ends meet. But hold on for a second…which ends are we meeting? Ends which we have defined or is there some other end...hidden from our physical eyes?

There have been instances when after death communication occurs in form of signs or gesture or knowledge or just a feeling-voluntary or involuntary. There is no scientific basis for this but some of this phenomenon has been the basis for some of the most famous works of literature and drama, two examples of which are Shakespeare's Hamlet and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

I would like to share one of the instances of after death communication which still gives me Goosebumps. March 1987, I was a small girl and was quite close to my Granny which children of that age normally are. I used to spend hours in her circular bed-room along with my sisters, listening to myriad stories of king & queens, beauty & beast, the prince & the princess and the list went on. Little did I know that we were spending last few months of my Granny’s life together.

She died peacefully in April, the same year at the age of 59. It was one night’s discomfort in her stomach and before doctors could diagnose the cause, she was gone. They said, she suffered from some internal swelling of intestine due to some odd infection. Granny wanted to live a long life. She had mentioned this umpteen number of times to our kids group and had always wished she got a chance for higher education and how she wished she would have been born at a later period in life. A period where women were given more than basic education (My granny had studied till middle school level).

I was grieving her death internally and did not know how to react. Suddenly a void had come in our lives with no escape into the story fairies world. All of it happened so suddenly that my tiny mind could not accept the fact that she was no more with us. I used to go to her circular room and sit for hours just staring at the walls, touching her belongings as if to get a feel of her again. I often prayed to God to bring back my Granny.

After about a month of her death, I had a strange dream. It was more of a visitation. I was aware that I was dreaming, still couldn’t move my body or utter a word. I saw a small girl playing in my granny’s room. She was very happy. Her happiness was infectious and I could imagine myself playing with her. As soon as I went ahead to hold her hand, the girl vanished! I woke up next morning crying as I was a child myself and couldn’t comprehend the dream.  I did share my dream with my Mom who is a doctor and my sisters. My Mom was intrigued though she soothed me by her warm words of missing my granny too much as to get all odd dreams. None of my sisters had had similar dreams though.

The girl became a constant visitor in my dreams for about 10 days and every time she was in the same room. On 11th day, it was a different dream communication altogether. I could see my Granny’s face in my dream. Her body was not evident but like million tiny bulbs, her face was shining. She was talking to me and there was no girl in this dream. Granny told me “I am coming back, please ask your cousin to be cautious”.

Just before her death, one of my cousin sisters had got married and she was on her honeymoon when my granny passed away. The couple came back immediately.

My cousin sister was tested positive for pregnancy the next day before my child mind could reveal the secret dream which I’d had the night before. I gave her Granny’s message later and she was shocked out of her wits. She delivered a beautiful girl in January 1998. After her birth, the dreams never appeared. My niece had special fondness to all my Granny’s belongings and she always used to play in her room later as a child. Needless to mention, she was a very happy and active child with keen interest in education. She graduated from IIT and still has a very special bond with me.
Family says, My Granny has come back in her form.

What were those dreams? After death communication, isn’t it. The soul sometimes yearns to have itself heard or perhaps deliver a special message or complete an incomplete task. There are lot of things which our conscious human mind cannot comprehend but that does not mean, those element fail to exist. Friends, please share your views on “After Death Communication”. We will explore other facets of “Life Beyond” in this blog!!